Vastu for a Positive Home
For a house to become a home, it needs to radiate the right kind of energy. According to a number of traditional beliefs, each home comes with its own energy type. A person dwelling in a house comes under the influence of a specific energy field, which in turn influences him in one way or the other. Therefore it’s very crucial to understand the link between the healing art of Vastu and our homes in honing positivity and good vibes.
Vastu for the Main Entrance: Doorway
- Considered as the “archway to victory and progress in life”, the main door should face north, east or in the north-east direction. It must be constructed in a way to ensure that when you step out, you face the north, east or north-east direction.
- The main door to your home should be constructed with superior quality wood. It should tower above the other doors in your house, and look the most appealing
- Avoid placing a fountain, or any other decorative water-centric element, outside the main door.
- Avoid placing a shoe rack or dustbin outside the main door
- There shouldn’t be a bathroom near the main door
- Ensure the main entrance is well lit
- Avoid painting the main door black
- Decorate your door with beautiful nameplates and auspicious torans
- Avoid placing animal statues or figurines near the main door
- Ensure your main door opens in a clockwise manner
Vastu for the Living Room:
In a home, the living room is where most of the activity is centred. It creates a favourable (or unfavourable) first impression when guests enter for social gatherings. Therefore, ensure the living room is clutter-free.
- The living room should face east, north or north-east. Alternatively, a north-west-facing living room is also favourable
- Heavy furniture should be kept in the west or south-west direction of the living room
- All electronics and appliances should be installed in the south-east section of the living room
- If there is a mirror in the room, ensure it is placed on the north wall
Vastu for the bedroom: Balance::
Sometimes, the smallest things can turn your fortunes around. Vastu Shastra shows you how tweaking your bedroom can enhance positive energy and even improve relations between couples.
Here are 5 tips to transform the energy ratios in your bedroom to help positively influence your sleep:
- Ideally, the bedroom in a south-west direction brings good health and prosperity. Avoid a bedroom in the north-east or south-east zone of the house as the former may cause health issues, while a bedroom placed in the latter direction may cause quarrels among couples. The bed should be placed in the southwest corner of the bedroom, with your head facing west.
- Avoid placing a mirror or television in front of the bed. Your reflection must not be seen in a mirror when in bed as it causes fights and other domestic disruptions.
- Paint your bedroom walls in neutral or earthy shades as it radiates positive energy. Avoid painting your walls black.
- Avoid having a temple, paintings depicting water or a fountain in the bedroom as it could cause emotional outbursts.
- Use mood lighting and burn aromatic oils to create an oasis of calm.
Vastu for the Kitchen :
Some essential things need to be considered in Vastu of kitchen, read out related Vastu tip for Kitchen:
- Element Fire governs in the direction South-east, so this portion of house ideal for locating kitchen. However, if choosing alternative then North-west part could be taken for constructing kitchen but avoid making kitchen in any other direction
- Kitchens in north quadrant tend to affect health female members
- Place water sink in the North-east with the maximum distance from cooking gas
- Provision for water storage and taps should be made in North-east of the kitchen
- Keep all the furnishing 3away from the wall
- Avoid placing dinning table in the centre of the kitchen instead locate it in the North-west direction
- The sink should be in the Northeast corner of the kitchen
- Electric equipment like microwave, oven or refrigerator should be placed in South-west
- The cylinder should be placed in the Southeast corner